How to properly configure Periodic syncs

• alannwlee
Posted: Fri, 01/27/2012 - 3:47am

Hi support staff,
I used Synker for manual sync, and loved it.  Later, I decided that I want to sync Calendar and Contact once per hour and leave everything else sync manually. 
Thus, I have purchased Synker because I saw in the screen shot that it has periodic sync feature.
My question now is how to configure it?  During the testing, I have set Calendar to sync every min, but I found out that it does not sync every min until I turn on Android Auto-Sync. 
I feel that this will defeat my purpose of using Synker because the reason I use Synker is to eliminate the use of Android's Auto-Sync in order to save the battery life.
Please advise me how to configure Synker so that ONLY Calendar and Contact will sync ONCE PER HOUR and leave all other accounts sync MANUALLY.
Thanks a lot,
Alan

The periodic sync value

• Admin
  • 02/21/09
  • Fri, 01/27/2012 - 3:01pm

The periodic sync value displayed in the Sync Inspector is the rate at which the Android Sync Manager (Auto-sync) uses to sync that specific account, while the global Auto-sync is ON. The Sync Inspector feature can help you “tune” the default auto-sync behavior to your liking, show sync statistics, and sync errors. 
There are two solutions that would support what you want to do.

Solution 1:

• Edit the global auto-sync settings to only sync your calendar and contacts, uncheck everything else. 
  • Using the Synker Sync Inspector, edit the periodic sync frequency of your calendar and contacts to be 3600 seconds (1 hour).
  • Then turn global auto-sync ON as the Android Sync Manager should now ONLY sync your calendar and contacts at the rate of once per hour. Use a Synker widget to sync the other accounts as desired.

Solution 2:

• Turn Auto-sync off
  • Purchase an application such as Tasker or Locale
  • Setup a rule to sync the specific accounts once per hour by using Synker as a plugin.