global auto sync behaviour

• k-saoul
Posted: Fri, 11/05/2010 - 5:35pm

Hi, I'm using the latest Synker availble in the Android Market.
I'm a little confused on the global auto sync. If it is checked, does that mean all checked sync jobs in Synker will be done automatically? What I'm trying to achieve is syncing the Google account automatically the usual way and in Synker I want Google and Facebook to sync but only manually when I press the widget on the home screen.
Thanks, Christian

The global auto sync checkbox

• Admin
  • 02/21/09
  • Fri, 11/05/2010 - 6:05pm

The global auto sync checkbox indicates the state of the Android OS “Auto-sync” setting. This is essentially the same as clicking the Android Settings -> Accounts & Sync -> Auto-sync checkbox. The global auto sync checkbox seen in the Synker main application allows you to easily turn this setting on or off without having to visit the Android Settings page. There is also a quick link to the Android Accounts & Sync menu to save a couple of clicks…

If you wish to continue to allow your accounts to auto sync, leave this item checked. You can still use Synker to perform a “manual sync” of your accounts by adding a Synker widget to your homepage, selecting which account(s) you want to sync, and then click the Synker widget on your home screen any time you wish to manually sync.

Let us know if you have any problems.

Thanks for your quick

• k-saoul
  • 11/05/10
  • Sat, 11/06/2010 - 10:15am

Thanks for your quick answer.
But does the global-auto-sync option affect the checked items in synker or ist it just a indicator that auto-sync is on. I don't want the items i checked in syncer(which is a 2nd Google account and facebook) to be auto-synced but need auto-sync for my first google account.
Cheers, Christian

No the global-auto-sync will

• Admin
  • 02/21/09
  • Sat, 11/06/2010 - 10:58am

No the global-auto-sync will not affect your items checked in Synker. The items checked in Synker, are the accounts that will be force synced whenever the widget is pressed. Currently we are testing Synker as a Tasker or Locale plug-in. You may be able to achieve the results you are looking for with a combination of Tasker/Locale and Synker once we release the next update.

Thanks, then it's perfect for

• k-saoul
  • 11/05/10
  • Sat, 11/06/2010 - 5:34pm

Thanks, then it's perfect for me. I can have my main Google account on auto-sync through normal android settings and all other accounts checked in Synker for manual sync. Great tool, keep up the great work.
Christian